30 September 2010

time for change....and changing times

time for change....and changing times.....
We are relocating from South Africa to the UK ....
we recently went  to the UK to see what was in stall for us there..
we came back and sold our beautiful house in Johannesburg...
 sad
but
I simply loved England...
I was so inspired  by the countryside that
 I painted little landscapes and little houses
  "Crooked Houses "













This series of paintings are all 30x30cm painted in Acrylic on Canvas board... Enjoy them...

Have a look at the 'crooked houses' in the fear to freedom post...
 http://ronniebiccardart.blogspot.com/2008/11/from-fear-into-freedom.html
 "For me this experience was about dreaming, about imagining; in the day, in the night and in my creations...
Where in Spain I traveled to I don't know. I just know I found fabulous places and here "my little cortija in Spain on a Finca " dream came about. NOW I 'll be even closer to Spain and may still have my little 'cortije' who knows.............


5 comments:

GB said...

Love them Ronnie. Hope your move goes smoothly...and I'm dying to see how you do up your new home!

manomij said...

Mooie kunst op jouw blog! You will love the UK. Hope you settle in soon!

Gata púrpura/Nathalia silva said...

Hi Ronnie, I love your art from first time, you are a wonderful artist!
Thanks for sharing this!

Karen Kay said...

I love your houses. So glad to have found your blog.

Cathy said...

Hi Ronnie. Thanks very much for visiting and commenting on my blog. Good luck with your relocation in England. I hope you love it over here. I cannot think of anywhere more different that South Africa. I was reading about your lack of success selling "blue" paintings over there. I can understand that in a country of earthy tones, red and ochres it would be difficult to sell blues. You will definitely be able to sell blues and greens in England though. Your work is gorgeous.