11 May 2011

The Winds of Change

Why am I feeling so restless?  The wind is a blowin' here in Cheltenham and I have a feeling something is about to happen or change. The winds of change.....aha!
Of course I have to mention the weather that is what everybody does here. The weather is of paramount importance in England. See my previous post about the seasons where I was so inspired , I painted a body of work called  Impressions.   
We have been sitting in a bit of a void lately but I feel this is about to change. I feel it in my bones literally ( I am aching all over these days).
 I am about to launch a new business based on my old one.. and that is MY ART.

I am about to open an ETSY shop, AND a Folksy shop, where I can sell my work online.
I plan to sell my original PAINTINGS, PRINTS and CARDS for starters.
I'm not quite ready yet but SOOOOON.
I've been running around madly finding printers to print cards and giclée prints of my paintings.
I have just finished the series of the Zodiac Goddesses with which I would like to start.
Here is just  a taste - 'VIRGO' of course...c'est moi.
What is a giclee print you may ask, well the word “giclée,” as a fine art term which was  derived from the French verb "gicler" meaning "to squirt" and used in the fine art industry to describe prints where no screen or other mechanical devices are used and therefore there is no visible dot screen pattern, the ink is "squirted or jetted" onto a fine quality artist paper. The image has all the tonalities and hues of the original painting.They are not mass produced and use fade-resistant, archival inks.  And the best of all is that are affordable. I've just had a sample printed and it is outstanding . The colour reproduction is perfect!!!
SO hold on and watch this space for more.

.

2 comments:

magicshell said...

Would love to hear if you found your printer local--or did you purchase one?

DMG said...

Good luck with your new business, Ronnie. I think you will do quite well. My husband and I visited England for our 20th anniversary and my fondest dream is to return next year for our 30th. I just found your blog, after investigating your work on Flickr, and I am adding you to my blog roll immediately. Your work is so inspiring to me, and I want to be able to visit you often!